Why Learn Spanish?
Besides being a fun brain activity, there are many other reasons to learn Spanish (or any other language besides your native tongue). Why is it important to learn Spanish? Here are some of the many benefits:
- Over 400 million Spanish speaker across the globe.
- Spanish is spoken by over 33 million residents in the United States, making it the second largest language.
- Hispanics are the second largest ethnic group in the United States, with the majority of them being Spanish speakers.
- Once you learn Spanish, you will have a greater ability to communicate with Spanish speakers.
- Our most important trading partners come from Latin American countries.
- Enhance your resume! By learning Spanish you will be more competitive, and per research, higher paid than someone who is mono-lingual.
- It is easier to appreciate and understand the culture of Latin American and other Spanish speaking nations when you learn Spanish.
- You will gain insights into the Spanish culture that monolinguals cannot.
- Keep your memory sharp! Learning Spanish or any other foreign language has been proven to slow down the effects of memory degenerative diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Better communicate with your employees, managers, business partners, and clients who are Spanish speaking.